Monday, September 26, 2016

12 pm, outside kiev airport


Bow down to the beard!


 

The trip is a usually a crap shoot sometimes good, sometimes bad.  On this one I traveled with President Rivlin and his wife, so things went very smooth

Its nice to belong to a first world nation that has its own fleet of aircraft.

On the trip I had an interesting conversation with a nice man from tzfat about movies, life and politics,  this is a typical Uman conversation.  Although then again its also a typical Israeli conversation.  Israelis tend to talk about life and what its all about, as though they are trying to figure out exactly why they are putting up with all of the nonsense involved with living in Israel.

This makes for more interesting conversations, and helps a person figure out what it is they are all about.  Israelis, even irritating annoying ones, have an uncanny ability to see into the truth of things.  They will quickly see past bullshit and call one out on it.  This can be annoying, you must let them know they are being annoying when they do this because sometimes they actually are doing it to be annoying.

Anyway, the nice man from tzfat bought me a sandwich.  The cheap flight came without meals, so we had to buy food on the plane.  My opinion regarding this was "no", but the kind man decoded to get me a sandwich anyway.  Refused to accept money.  So I joked about how in that case he should get me a steak, and he thought that was funny.

Passport control was interesting, the Ukrainians do not seem to know what to make of Israelis.  Who are all these crazy dark and light skinned people alternately quiet and loud, singing or meditating.  Who are these madmen dressed in all sorts of clothes.  They do not know, so they they squint their eyes at you, look up and down to passport as though trying to confirm that you are not a hallucination, then they will eventually shake their heads in hopeless resignation and stamp your passport to repeat the process again with the next madman.

In three hours I shall arrive at Uman.

When I first went to Uman it was very difficult to leave.  I would be upset, wishing not to have to go back to "the real world".  To leave from a place of open emotion back to a world where everything and everyone is closed and cold.  The changeover those first few years was traumatic.  I would go through a terrible depression every time.

Last year, I decided to take Uman with me back into the world.  Much better.

Haha, doesnt that sound deep?

Yes, I did do that, I imagined a light coming from heaven down on me and another light shining on me from Uman.  A good mental trick.  I also worked my ass off the entire year, focusing, self improvement, working out, socialize more, study, make sites, pray, etc.

Sometimes on this ride, I would listen to music, other times I would pray.  Once i tried reading a book using one of those book light things that you clip on to the book.

Ive gone this route by bus (horrible) and by van (much better).

Once, I was stuck all night in the Vinitsya airport because someone put the luggage on the wrong flight, so I had to wait until that flight came.  Fortunately I came with a thermos full of coffee, and some of my camping gear in my carry on.  So i had extra blankets and shirts to lend people.

Tonight I am making a log entry on the van.

I think i will title this umanblog, I might just facebook this, although it would be nice if i can get this workong on blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment